Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Rough Week

This week seemed like an endless stream of difficulties. You know the kind of week where each day has a pile of bad news as high as the pile of dirty laundry that you can’t get to because your kids are sick as well as you and your hubby and there is nothing easy to cook and then you get more bad news? Yeah, that kind of week! But, every time I felt like I just couldn’t take anymore, I would find God’s grace was sufficient for me.

He reminded me several times of how small my problems really are and that I need to slow down and enjoy life more. Being sick and having a house full of other sick people kind of forces you to slow down a bit. I was also reminded of how big God is! That all the difficult things are for a purpose; that everything, the good and the bad, is all being worked out for my good! I am leaving my stresses in God’s hands for a change and I feel so much better!


Matthew 11 (Amplified Bible)
28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]
29Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.
30For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.

No comments:

Post a Comment